3-4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
½ Cup Sugar
1 Tbsp. Active Dry Yeast
¼ Cup Sugar
½ Cup water (lukewarm)
½ Cup Butter
Nutella Mousse Filling:
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tsbp. Vanilla Bean Paste
½ Cup Nutella
1 tbsp. Gelatin
¼ Cup Milk
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1. Whip softened butter and room temperature eggs together until creamy.
2. Mix ¼ Cup water, ¼ Sugar and Active Dry Yeast together. Let set for 10min until mixture becomes foamy on top.
3. Add 1 Cup of flour ½ cup at a time to butter and eggs.
4. Add Sugar and Yeast mixture and mix.
5. Switch to the dough hook and gradually add ½ cup of flour at a time.
6. Knead dough until it becomes stretchy.
7. Butter a large bowl, add dough to bowl and cover for 1 hour.
8. Whip Heavy cream until foamy.
9. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. (This is easier by hand as you won’t over mix)
10. Sprinkle gelatin over milk and allow to bloom (let the gelatin soak up the milk, usually 5 minutes. Milk should be cold)
11. Microwave gelatin mixture and Nutella until hot.
12. Pour mixture into whipped cream and fold.
13. Transfer to piping bag and set in the fridge until ready to use.
14. Roll donut dough out to be 1 inch thick.
15. Cut donuts with circular cookie cutter.
16. Allow donuts to rise for 2 hours. They should triple in size.
17. Transfer donut dough to a pot of hot oil.
18. Fry donuts until golden brown on each side. (be careful transferring donut dough, if handled too much they will deflate)
19. Dip donuts in a bowl of sugar and pip with Nutella mousse, Enjoy!